Thursday, October 9, 2008

IN THE SPIRT OF EBAY...[EDITED]

Yes, I think that's how she worded it. Okay...I copied it:

"In the true spirit of Ebay I would like to offer $5.00 for this dress since it has been worn. I am looking at the other prices of pretty yet worn dresses, and they seem to be lower than higher. " This is what I am selling.

I actually feel guilty selling it this low. It was gift for Natalie her 2nd Christmas. I often didn't have her as much on church days and she only wore this very nice dress one time. I don't even think I washed it because it wasn't soiled...so there is no fading, pilling, etc. that often accompanies washing clothes. By the next season, it was too small.
So this is a venting post. For some reason this really irritated me, I am knee deep in the middle of getting ready for a big garage sale to sale some of Natalie's "like new" clothes that she didn't wear often enough because I buy too much. I love dressing her like a little doll. So I tend to get caught up in it. Now I need to re-cover some of my money so that I can buy more...maybe not. I am trying not to buy as much now...only special things.

Are you curious as to my response? "In the spirt of ebay, you either bid or pass! " Am I not right? That's what an auction is for...to bid or not. I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. trying to set up auctions for things that I thought I could get more via ebay than a garage sale...I haven't always had the best of luck selling on ebay...I think a lot of it is timing--I've never been too great with timing. But yet I have sold many things on ebay for prices that would never happen at a garage sale. [I stayed up late because a 3 day auctions would end Friday night just in time to try to sell the items that do not sale.]

Randy and Cari were proud of my response...yes, it does sort of sound like a "smart a-- answer", so I didn't leave at that. I did ellaborate about the nices ness of the dress and that I don't do "reserve" auctions...that I prefer to open my auctions with the least that I want for an item."

Okay, I am through. I have many things to finish marking and signs to make too...well at least wording of the signs...I need to compose it and then Cari will do the signs. I just didn't want to let this one go yet. I am just shocked at this request. I know I have been watching something ebay before and the seller has literally canceled an auction...was she selling to someone like this? It really urked me and I think this is against ebay rules. I believe in fairness to all.

~~ja~~
EDITED: I didn't check the link immediately afterward. I came back and checked it and then I read the posts. Let me see if it works now.




3 comments:

theglenns556 said...

The link didn't work. Send it to me so I can see. I'm curious now.

Cristi said...

I cant see the dress.

Anonymous said...

For businesses that operate not only web stores, but brick and mortar retail outlets, it's important to be sure that stock can be controlled centrally, and that orders taken through stores can be managed by the same system as used in the website. That means that it's simple to see what needs to be done, what orders must be filled, and to manage schedules, deliveries, and other tasks. Web shop providers are available that can give you control over multiple outlets at once. For smaller businesses, however, this feature would be unnecessary. Learn more with List Easy