Wednesday, January 21, 2009

INAUGURATION 2009

No photos here either. But I just wanted to vent a bit and I think this where I should do it. Like many moms these days, my middle name is multi-task.

  • I hate to drive (alone) unless my phone battery is charged. It is the perfect time to catch up on small talk with family and friends.
  • I do laundry while watching TV...the commercials is when I go from wash room and back, folding, hanging, etc. while watching the program
  • I keep up with world events listening to the morning shows while I work over here on my computer (something I will miss if I ever get my studio completed)..

So you get the idea. Yesterday world news went on all day and I must admit I was intrigued with the inauguration. I didn't vote for our new president and I have my doubts about him, but I can't help but give him the benefit of the doubt and of course, pray for him, his wife and especially his daughters (that's who my heart aches for). I will tell you there is no way would I want to be a part of history enough to be there in that crowd...that cold I DON'T THINKS SO! But on a lighter note...you gotta love Mechelle. Did she not look gorgeous! I loved her dress/coat set. Her evening gown was beautiful too...though being the photographer that I am and knowing the technical stuff that I do (though far from an expert), I think the white wasn't as pretty on stage with all the lighting. I just saw glimpse of it while they are analyzing it on the morning show and I see pretty views of it...all the details seemed so blown out in most of the footage that I saw last night. [Blown out is a photography slang term that usually means over-exposed thus the details are blown out and it tend to reflect a white glow rather than texture and details...okay, that's my photography lesson for the day. lol]

I will be curious to see what Casey [she usually puts my thoughts into words on things of this matter] has to say about the inauguration...as you can see I am not too political, but I do think (or hope) that Obama really does give the country hope and change...maybe we do need change. I wish him and his family the best. As Heidi put it on facebook (I am paraphrasing)---I am going to miss Bush, he always seemed so sincere. And I totally agree. He may have made a lot of mistakes, but I do think he sincerely tries to follow our God and really wanted to best for our country. I am going to miss him too!

Man, I didn't think or intend for this to go on like this. I really just wanted to vent to say that I didn't get going good yesterday until late. The MORNING SHOW NEWS went on all day long with the inauguration. It was hard to tune out. I am glad that I witnessed as much as I did through the eyes of the media, but today I plan to turn the TV off because I am sure it will go on and on again today as the "experts" analyze the events of yesterday! I need to be at work today...so that's what I will...do you hear me trying to convince myself?

No comments: