Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WORDY WEDNESDAY

This post will be all words...no photos. I want to use the post to brag about my daughter one more time...not the last time I sure, but one more time for now. I don't have photos because I doubt any one took any photos of her at the Literary Rally this past Saturday a.m. If they did take photos, I am sure it would have been on the bus or something like that...possibly with some of them just being silly or something!

CARI GOT FIRST PLACE IN SPANISH!
Needless to say, we are very proud of her! Monday afternoon she informs me that she didn't think she would go to state because it was the same day as prom. I quickly informed her that she would. Personally (definitely, speaking as a mom) I think it is ridiculous that they have prom four years. What happened to having it just your junior and senior year? So now we have to figure out how we can do both. I don't know if she has a shot, but I know from personal experience that winning first place used to entitle the winner to a scholarship. If anyone knows more about the current status of this, please let me know. My daughter is clueless. Cameron said it was the same as it was when I won over 20 years ago. I won $500 ($250 for the first and 2nd semester of the first year in college) for winning first place in Home Economics my junior year in high school. Surely with inflation, this has increased. Even if it hasn't I certainly think it is worth going through a little extra pain on prom day. DO YOU AGREE?

No comments: